Play Today is an alternate care center with a mixed aged population of children ages 1-12 yrs, licensed by the State of Texas DFPS. A copy of the Texas State minimum standards is available for review to all parents and staff. Children will participate in activities in the general play area or the multipurpose dining room. We provide centers based play, including construction, reading, housekeeping, and arts and crafts and audio and visual centers. A caregiver will monitor bathroom doors. One child at a time is allowed per bathroom. Our capacity is 34 children and 2 caregivers. Children are welcome at our center on an as needed basis. We are not a full service day care. Children may stay for as many hours per day as needed, but no more than 5 consecutive days, and no more than 15 days in a calendar month. Play Today does not have outdoor play space.
We believe that children are unique individuals who need to be respected and cared for in a safe, nurturing environment. The purpose of discipline is to teach the child acceptable behavior and to guide them toward appropriate problem solving and self-control. Positive reinforcement and redirection will be used for discipline, and time outs will be used in the case of direct defiance or harming others. Children who habitually harm others will be asked to leave our care until the behavior has been corrected.
The person picking up a child must be on the authorized pick up list. The same person who drops off must pick up, unless we are notified at the time of drop off that someone else will be picking up child. We may ask for photo I.D. We will not release a child to anyone under the age of 18 yrs, or anyone who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Each child must have an enrollment form on file with a signed Parental Release. Immunization records are required, unless the child is enrolled in school. Upon enrollment, parents will receive a copy of our Policies and Procedures (This Document). Parents will be informed, of policy changes, injuries, illnesses, outbreak of communicable diseases, or other issues that may require their attention, within 48 hours of occurrence, posted at the front entrance. The Director is available, by appointment, for private consultation. Parents and staff should address concerns or questions to the director. In the event that the director is unavailable one of the lead teachers will take her place . Children will be signed in and out on a daily log in order to track attendance. Once a child has reached the maximum number of days allowed in attendance the parent will be notified in writing.
Play Today cannot be held responsible for personal items. Please clearly label all personal items. Shoes or socks must be worn at all times. Children will store personal items in a bag labeled with their name to be provided by the parent.
In the event we needed to evacuate, our relocation place will be Starbucks, which is located behind the center.
MEALS AND SNACKS
- Catered meals are $4.00, to be paid at drop off.
- Lunch is served at Noon, to be ordered by 11:00 am. If a child arrives after 12:30pm. , he will be given another opportunity to eat at 3pm. Dinner is at 6 pm on Fridays and Saturdays, to be ordered by 5:00 pm.If the child arrives after 6:30 we will not have another opportunity to eat that visit.
- Snacks will be provided, at no cost, at 10:00 am, 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm.
- Snacks will consist of prepackaged finger foods, along with juice or water.
- We are a peanut free facility. NO PEANUT PRODUCTS ALLOWED
- We do not heat or refrigerate food. Please provide appropriate insulated packaging for food brought from home.
- We will have a Quiet Activity and Rest Time each day after Lunch, from 12:30-2:00 pm.( WE DO NOT TAKE DROP-OFFS OR PICK -UPS DURING THIS TIME)
- We will show a Movie for those who do not wish to sleep. Please bring sleeping materials from home. We do not provide mats.
- Daily activities may include Circle Time, Story Time, Music and Movement and a Craft. Please refer to our Daily Postings for current activities.
- Movies will be rated G or PG. Current selections will be provided upon request.
- Play Today does not provide transportation, field trips , or water activities. Animals are not allowed at Play Today.
All of the staff at Play Today has received CPR and/or First Aide training, as well as, complete background checks that will be updated annually, according to their hire anniversary when W-2’s are produced. Play Today meets or exceeds all Minimum Standards and Requirements provided by the State of Texas. Employees receive, upon hire, a copy of our Policies and Procedures and an employee handbook which contains rules which pertain to personnel. The director will provide additional training regarding procedures and safety plans during orientation. Each staff member and child will have a paper and electronic file containing all state required information that is updated as necessary.
It is our goal at Play Today to provide a safe, secure, fun, and warm environment for your children.
- Play Today will not administer medications of any kind. If a child vomits, has more than one episode of diarrhea, or has a fever of more than 100.4; parents will be asked to pick up their child.
- Parents must provide pull-ups or diapers for their children who are not potty trained. In order to avoid soiling of carpets and floors , children not fully potty trained must be dressed in a pull up.
- If a child habitually harms others, we may ask that the child not to return until the behavior has been corrected.
- For the protection of our children please do not bring any peanut products into our facilities.
PlayToday Drop-in Daycare · (210) 651-3610 · 17319 IH35 N · Schertz, Texas 78154 · Contact Us